Performance Peugeot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» PERFORMANCE PEUGEOT INSURANCE SCHEME WITH CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE
Your Car(s) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 6:02 am by Tim@ChrisKnott

» WIN an Autoglym Car Valeting Kit in our new online magazine
Your Car(s) EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 12:25 am by Felix

» 206 1.1 gsr induction kit
Your Car(s) EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 5:09 am by Jon

» ONLINE TRAVEL INSURANCE WITH CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE - INSTANT QUOTES!
Your Car(s) EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 5:48 am by Tim@ChrisKnott

» my 106 gti
Your Car(s) EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 5:50 am by typhusfever

» Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Your Car(s) EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 12:37 pm by typhusfever

» HOME INSURANCE FROM CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE
Your Car(s) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:40 am by Tim@ChrisKnott

» Alfa Romeo soon history?
Your Car(s) EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 5:43 am by typhusfever

» Tyres are way too over-priced
Your Car(s) EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 3:29 am by typhusfever

Affiliates
Poll
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Your Car(s)

2 posters

Go down

Your Car(s) Empty Your Car(s)

Post by typhusfever Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:01 am

I've created this to allow people to give a short story about the life of their car and some pictures; you introduced yourself - give the car a proper introduction! Your Car(s) Icon_razz

My story so far;

I used to have a 206 1.6 XS, it was my first car and I loved it despite it's chronic and classic unreliability. However a year ago, almost to the day, the 1.6 was struggling with everything (a description of everything that was wrong would be an epic tale so I won't go there). So, I traded her in (earlier than I wanted to) for a 206 GTi 138- same colour too, sad I know - handed over £1600 and there we go (I like to think I got the better of the garage because he had no idea what he was getting himself in for).

Your Car(s) N1315097991_264160_3482

I'd always wanted to modify the 1.6 but thought to leave it for a 'sturdier' car. As it happens the GTi had the same desire to not fully function, therefore the first money spent were fruitless Engine diagnostics and related parts (fuel injectors, MAP sensor, Coolant sensor, O2 sensor etc.). The car also had the annoying manifold rattle, so I thought I'd may as well start tuning. This was March time - I bought Weitec Ultra Suspension Kit (Dampers and Springs), Raceland S/S 4-1 manifold and Team Dynamics 16" Black 1.2 Pro Race w/ Toyo T1Rs.

Your Car(s) 100_1262

Your Car(s) Svody_peugeot_206

Your Car(s) 100_1261

(The tractor look, you've got to love it).

In the progressive weeks all were fitted including a Cobra Sports Cat (because my cat failed on me) at Exhaust UK (who were good, but don't think I'll visit again) in Sheffield. I then had my car rolling roaded at AAD in Doncaster (very helpful and knowledgeable people, they have a TVR race team!), she was running at 128.94 BHP and 135.79 lb/ft @ Wheels. (I would show the graph, but it's on my dads computer). This I was extremely happy with, gaining approximately 10 BHP from essentially repairs to the car.

The car was then lowered to 45mm all round just before FCS '09, RickyP-RPM in Barnsley was very helpful and I recommend him to anyone, he's a true enthusiast and his opening hours can literally be all hours as he stays up to finish his customers cars on time - it would be worth going just to see his collection of supercharged saxos, throttlebodied AXs or whatever else he's thrown in the yard (my car's on his website too. Your Car(s) Icon_razz)

Your Car(s) 100_1341

At FCS I had the pleasure of meeting Pete, and a couple of others in the 206 'scene' who honestly seemed quite abrupt and rude to be honest. There I got the GSR induction kit and fitted it when I got home and squeeked like a girl when I started it up (it sounds awesome) and took her for a drive (Power!! or is that Torque!!). There's certainly no placebo effect with it, it's so much better! And it was nice chatting with Pete, hopefully I'll be able to travel down south in the next couple of months. Unfortunately because I'm incompetant I haven't taken a picture of it fitted, nor did get her rolling roaded.

And then for good measure I fitted some 12 Groove Black Diamond Discs with BD Fast Road Predator pads. I really should take some new pictures... Your Car(s) Icon_lol

Next up is definately to the south... because my ECU light is still on, after a so much money!

typhusfever

Back to top Go down

Your Car(s) Empty Re: Your Car(s)

Post by lip Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:10 pm

good write up dude lets get everyone else doing the same guys lovely car btw mate Your Car(s) Icon_cool

lip

Back to top Go down

Post by typhusfever Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:49 am

Yes, everyone should get involved. I'm near you this coming saturday, lip, I'm going to walsall to mijperformance for an exhaust (I couldn't hold back). You should come say hello.

typhusfever

Back to top Go down

Post by lip Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:05 am

typhusfever wrote:Yes, everyone should get involved. I'm near you this coming saturday, lip, I'm going to walsall to mijperformance for an exhaust (I couldn't hold back). You should come say hello.
rate mij highly mate they did me one for my c2 vts. yeah what time dude i might pop down and say hello yeah

lip

Back to top Go down

Post by typhusfever Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:10 am

I get there at 9, so however long it takes...I imagine until 12.

MIJ "wowed" me with their website, they seem very professional and keen. Exhaust UK in Sheffield were 'good' but they're really for looks, their 'technicians' don't seem to know or be interested in anything performance. They'll fit stuff for you, and their prices aren't too bad for basic jobs ..but they overcharged for my manifold fitting, it was ridiculous.

typhusfever

Back to top Go down

Post by lip Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:14 am

mij are professional mate very. they have big waiting room with a nice skyline lump on show, sky tv, bucket seats to sit in very nice guys and its only 5 minute walk from walsal centre i'll probly pop down if im not working mate

lip

Back to top Go down

Post by lip Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:09 am

i will yeah when the weather clears up quite bad down here again. it wont be that short mate iv already ordered fast road/trackday disks n pads, braided hoses, samco coolent kit, competition exhaust mounts, green cotten panel filter, omp upper and lower front strut braces, powerflex lower engine mount, a load of other polybushes, kamracing gear linkages, compbrake quickshift erm cambelt, water pump & tensioner kit, top set gaskets and studs, rocker gaskets (currently on look out for some black plastic rocker covers) yeah spent a fair bit already. next month will see bilstien group n's, springs, maybe new engine mounts, bottom arms, drop links, and maybe if i get enough hours in at work an ashley
4-2-1 manifold and pugsport system. i'll be inspecting the cams as soon as i take the rockers off because the tickover is lumpy and it absolutely screams when it hits 4.5k all the way to well over 7k so i really suspect it may have cams in already. my mate had a very fast saxo vts and he agrees this 106 feels faster Your Car(s) Icon_lol

lip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum